Bailey’s Beautification Alliance
Bailey’s Beautification Alliance (BBA) was established in 1999 to help people envision and create better community spaces in the local area. We have made significant contributions to the overall attractiveness of Bailey’s Park, Woodrow Wilson Library, and the Culmore/Bailey’s revitalization area. BBA received a special recognition award from the Fairfax County Park Authority for our work in Bailey’s Park.
Completed projects include:
- Landscaping two barren, littered median strips, creating beautiful public spaces
- Rehabilitating Bailey’s Park over five years, installing a sitting area, a peace pole garden, an attractive entrance, and 14 new trees.
- Eliminating traffic hazards and improving safety (See the corner of Blair and Glen Carlyn Drive).
Continuing projects include:
- Planning Arbor Day programs with Bailey’s Elementary School. Woodrow Wilson Library, and our community volunteers.
- Working with youth organizations, including Morningstar Girls and local girl scout troops, to strengthen and enrich their community service projects.
- Participating with a coalition of community groups and agencies to hold annual Culmore Cleanup Days. This year we had enough volunteers to extend our cleanup area to Beachway Drive, Blair Road, Mansfield Road, Greentree Drive and Duff Drive. In 2006 and 2007 the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors awarded us Special Recognition for our participation in this effort.
Future projects include:
- Expanding beautification projects in the Baileys/Culmore area.
- Participating in activities that include teaching area youth groups about the value of clean, attractive neighborhoods.
- Ridding Bailey’s Park, adjacent to the Lake Barcroft Community, of invasive plants and creating a fitness trail.
Beautification of parks and other public spaces contributes to home values in the community, the quality of the air, and the pride and well being of all the neighbors. This work takes continued personal effort and commitment as well as continued funding for expenses.
Benefits of Membership
To join, simply download and fill out the BCRC Membership Application (PDF), then mail it to us with your membership payment. You will receive confirmation when your membership has been processed.
For more information about joining the BCRC, contact us.
Bailey's Crossroad Wins Grant
Bailey's crossroad wins grant for seven corner
revitalization ... read more
BCRC Focus Newsletter
View Newsletter (PDF)
Board Meeting Schedule
BCRC Board meeting next on Tuesday,March 18th, 2014 at the Mason District Center. The Board meets the third Tuesday of every month except for December. Please join us......Read more
Benefits of Membership
Monthly eNewsletter BCRC Focus, Networking opportunities, Membership Voting privileges, Participation in BCRC Committees and Political representation…
How to Become a Member
Download the BCRC Membership Application Form (PDF) and mail it to us along with your payment.
For more information on becoming a BCRC member, please contact a membership representative.